[openstack-dev] [neutron][sriov] PciDeviceRequestFailed error

shihanzhang ayshihanzhang at 126.com
Mon Dec 8 04:03:52 UTC 2014

I think the problem is in nova, can you show your "pci_passthrough_whitelist" in nova.conf?

At 2014-12-04 18:26:21, "Akilesh K" <akilesh1597 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I am using neutron-plugin-sriov-agent.

I have configured pci_whitelist  in nova.conf

I have configured ml2_conf_sriov.ini.

But when I launch instance I get the exception in subject.

On further checking with the help of some forum messages, I discovered that pci_stats are empty.
mysql>  select hypervisor_hostname,pci_stats from compute_nodes;
| hypervisor_hostname | pci_stats |
| openstack         | []        |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Further to this I found that PciDeviceStats.pools is an empty list too.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K