[openstack-dev] [Nova] Spring cleaning nova-core

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Dec 7 09:19:54 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:
> On 12/6/14, 7:42 PM, "Jay Pipes" <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>-1 on pixelbeat, since he's been active in reviews on
>>various things AFAICT in the last 60-90 days and seems to be still a
>>considerate reviewer in various areas.
>
> I agree -1 for Padraig

I'm going to be honest and say I'm confused here.

We've always said we expect cores to maintain an average of two
reviews per day. That's not new, nor a rule created by me. Padraig is
a great guy, but has been working on other things -- he's done 60
reviews in the last 60 days -- which is about half of what we expect
from a core.

Are we talking about removing the two reviews a day requirement? If
so, how do we balance that with the widespread complaints that core
isn't keeping up with its workload? We could add more people to core,
but there is also a maximum practical size to the group if we're going
to keep everyone on the same page, especially when the less active
cores don't generally turn up to our IRC meetings and are therefore
more "expensive" to keep up to date.

How can we say we are doing our best to keep up with the incoming
review workload if all reviewers aren't doing at least the minimum
level of reviews?

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia