[openstack-dev] [oslo] bug triage and review backlog sprint retrospective

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Dec 5 15:04:51 UTC 2014

The Oslo team spent yesterday working on our backlog. We triaged all of our “New” bugs and re-triaged many of the other existing open bugs, closing some as obsolete or fixed. We reviewed many patches in the backlog as well, and landed quite a few. We did not clear as much of the backlog for our “big” libraries as I had hoped, but we still made good progress on the other libraries.

The oslo.db, oslo.messaging, and taskflow libraries all have quite large backlogs of reviews to be done. These libraries require some specialized knowledge, and so it was a little more difficult to include them in the bulk review sprint. I would like to schedule separate review days each of these libraries in turn. We will talk about this at the next team meeting and see if we can schedule the first for a few weeks from now.

We used https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/oslo-kilo-sprint for coordinating, and you’ll find more detailed notes there if you’re interested.

Thanks to everyone who participated!
Doug