[openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Dec 4 18:44:37 UTC 2014

On 12/04/2014 09:24 AM, Anita Kuno wrote:
> I think we move into very dangerous territory if we are equating a core
> review Gerrit permission (it is just a Gerrit permission, if it is
> perceived as anything other than that that is a perception we have
> created ourselves) with value as an OpenStack contributor.

+2 to what Anita is saying.

We're talking about a tick box in gerrit and it's mostly a burden, an
obligation.

It's also a box that has been proven multiple times to be
bi-directional: sometimes people get to go work on other things, or get
called back in active duty, and reassigned as code janitors.

I haven't read anything but great comments and thank you notes for Bob
and Nati. They're both great developers and have taken good care of
Neutron's code. Once they're ready to get dirty again, it'll take only a
couple of weeks doing reviews to be picked.

Now, if you (and, more importantly, your employer) thinks that being
core reviewer is a honor and your bonus depends on it, contact me
offline to discuss this further.

Regards,
Stef