[openstack-dev] [Nova] [RBD] Copy-on-write cloning for RBD-backed disks

Dan Genin daniel.genin at jhuapl.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:34:02 UTC 2014

Hello Dmitry,

This is off the topic of original email but related to RBD.

Looking through the code of LibvirtDriver._get_instance_disk_info() I
noticed that it only returns data for disks with <source file=...> or
<source dev=...> but not <source proto=...> so RBD backed instances
would be incorrectly reported to have no ephemeral disks. I don't know
if this is already handled somehow by RBD code but just wanted to bring
it to your attention since you seem to be working on RBD support.

Best regards,
Dan