[openstack-dev] [oslo] oslo.messaging config option deprecation

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:24:01 UTC 2014

> On 12/03/2014 02:45 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> So this -
>> https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/commit/bcb3b23b8f6e7d01e38fdc031982558711bb7586
>> was clearly a violation of our 1 cycle for deprecation of config options.
>>
>> I think that should be reverted, an oops release put out to fix it, and
>> then deprecate for 1.6.
>
> +1.  That was definitely a no-no.

Filed as https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1399085
Since this is blocking stable/juno I've pushed partial revert of
Revert "Cap Oslo and client library versions"
 https://review.openstack.org/138963
as a quickfix before the 2014.2.1 release today.
We'll of course need to revisit that, once oslo.messaging is fixed.

Cheers,
Alan