[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Do we want to remove Nova-bm support?

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Thu Dec 4 04:47:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

	I'm becoming increasingly concerned about all of the code paths
in tripleo-incubator that check $USE_IRONIC -eq 0 -- that is, use
nova-baremetal rather than Ironic. We do not check nova-bm support in
CI, haven't for at least a month, and I'm concerned that parts of it
may be slowly bit-rotting.

	I think our documentation is fairly clear that nova-baremetal is
deprecated and Ironic is the way forward, and I know it flies in the
face of backwards-compatibility, but do we want to bite the bullet and
remove nova-bm support?

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
Oh, in case you got covered in that Repulsion Gel, here's some advice