[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Nailgun] Web framework

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:41:44 UTC 2014

On 12/03/2014 10:53 AM, Nikolay Markov wrote:
>> However, the OpenStack community is also about a shared set of tools,
>> development methodologies, and common perspectives.
>
> I completely agree with you, Jay, but the same principle may be
> applied much wider. Why Openstack Community decided to use its own
> unstable project instead of existing solution, which is widely used in
> Python community? To avoid being a team player? Or, at least, why it's
> recommended way even if it doesn't provide the same features other
> frameworks have for a long time already? I mean, there is no doubt
> everyone would use stable and technically advanced tool, but imposing
> everyone to use it by force with a simple hope that it'll become
> better from this is usually a bad approach.

This conversation was had a long time ago, was thoroughly thought-out
and discussed at prior summits and the ML:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/grizzly-common-wsgi-frameworks
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/havana-common-wsgi

I think it's unfair to suggest that the OpenStack community decided "to
use its own unstable project instead of existing solution".

Best,
-jay