[openstack-dev] [qa] branchless tempest and the use of 'all' for extensions in tempest.conf

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 14:43:41 UTC 2014

A recent proposed test to tempest was making explicit calls to the nova
extension discovery api rather than using test.requires_ext. The reason
was because we configure tempest.conf in the gate as 'all' for
extensions, and the test involved an extension that was new in Juno. So
the icehouse run failed. Since the methodology of branchless tempest
requires that new conf flags be added for new features, we should stop
having devstack configure with 'all'. Does any one disagree with that,
or have a better solution?

  -David