[openstack-dev] [neutron] Private external network

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:08:45 UTC 2014

There is a current blueprint under discussion[1] which would have covered
the external network access control as well, however it looks like the
scope is going to have to be reduced for this cycle so it will be limited
to shared networks if it's accepted at all.

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132661/

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Andrew Ruthven <andrew at etc.gen.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm picking up this thread from a few months ago, as I have a
> requirement for a private external network and after doing some testing
> today came to the conclusion that this isn't currently possible. Rats.
>
> On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 17:42 +0000, A, Keshava wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Across these private External network/tenant :: floating IP can be
> > shared ?
>
> I would think not. The external network and associated floating IPs
> should only be accessible by the tenant (or tenants?) which are granted
> to use it.
>
> At a guess that tenants thought above is where the RBAC considerations
> come in.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers to the previous discussions on this? The
> BP [0] which Édouard linked to states it was untargetted due to
> community discussions but has no links or other references to those
> discussions.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
>
> [0]
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/sharing-model-for-external-networks
>

> --
> Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
> andrew at etc.gen.nz             |     linux.conf.au 2015
>   New Zealand's only Cloud:   |  BeAwesome in Auckland, NZ
> https://catalyst.net.nz/cloud | http://lca2015.linux.org.au

Kevin Benton