[openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Dec 3 07:40:02 UTC 2014

+1 for both. Long overdue!

From: Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com<mailto:aaronorosen at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 4:13 AM
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

+1 for Kevin and Henry!

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Nati Ueno <nati.ueno at gmail.com<mailto:nati.ueno at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi folks

Congrats! Henry and Kevin.
I'll keep contributing the community, but Thank you for working with
me as core team :)

Best
Nachi

> +1 from me for all the changes.  I appreciate the work from all four
> of these excellent contributors.  I'm happy to welcome Henry and Kevin
> as new core reviewers.  I also look forward to continuing to work with
> Nachi and Bob as important members of the community.
>
> Carl
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com<mailto:mestery at mestery.com>> wrote:
>> Now that we're in the thick of working hard on Kilo deliverables, I'd
>> like to make some changes to the neutron core team. Reviews are the
>> most important part of being a core reviewer, so we need to ensure
>> cores are doing reviews. The stats for the 180 day period [1] indicate
>> some changes are needed for cores who are no longer reviewing.
>>
>> First of all, I'm proposing we remove Bob Kukura and Nachi Ueno from
>> neutron-core. Bob and Nachi have been core members for a while now.
>> They have contributed to Neutron over the years in reviews, code and
>> leading sub-teams. I'd like to thank them for all that they have done
>> over the years. I'd also like to propose that should they start
>> reviewing more going forward the core team looks to fast track them
>> back into neutron-core. But for now, their review stats place them
>> below the rest of the team for 180 days.
>>
>> As part of the changes, I'd also like to propose two new members to
>> neutron-core: Henry Gessau and Kevin Benton. Both Henry and Kevin have
>> been very active in reviews, meetings, and code for a while now. Henry
>> lead the DB team which fixed Neutron DB migrations during Juno. Kevin
>> has been actively working across all of Neutron, he's done some great
>> work on security fixes and stability fixes in particular. Their
>> comments in reviews are insightful and they have helped to onboard new
>> reviewers and taken the time to work with people on their patches.
>>
>> Existing neutron cores, please vote +1/-1 for the addition of Henry
>> and Kevin to the core team.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Kyle
>>
>> [1] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/neutron-group/180<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__stackalytics.com_report_contribution_neutron-2Dgroup_180&d=AAMFaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=VlZxHpZBmzzkWT5jqz9JYBk8YTeq9N3-diTlNj4GyNc&m=wwXEfqogDKsBxx77lGdC6Svp6cK-un0VngT8lZCbv3w&s=l3HU22Yx4ArL_aeQbF3CU7vnwJoAha2yk2dBVmfVNKo&e=>

Nachi Ueno
email:nati.ueno at gmail.com<mailto:email%3Anati.ueno at gmail.com>
twitter:http://twitter.com/nati<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__twitter.com_nati&d=AAMFaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=VlZxHpZBmzzkWT5jqz9JYBk8YTeq9N3-diTlNj4GyNc&m=wwXEfqogDKsBxx77lGdC6Svp6cK-un0VngT8lZCbv3w&s=MZbEJRJVGIrgDO3jYcYNJmzAYIN5JWvktt53O42LRaY&e=>