[openstack-dev] [oslo][qa] Moving the hacking project under the QA program

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:59:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> The hacking project is currently managed by the Oslo team. Normally Joe
> Gordon handles all of the release work, and so I haven’t bothered to look
> at how the Launchpad project is set up or how the branches are managed
> before today. However, today’s issue with oslo.concurrency resulted in a
> need to hurry a release, and in the process of doing that I realized that
> it’s not set up at all like the other Oslo projects. When I started
> thinking about how to get that done, I also realized that maybe it’s a
> better fit for the QA program anyway, since it has to do with code quality
> and isn’t really a “library”.

One of the outcomes if this whole incident is we just grew the
hacking-release team to include qa-release as well.  So in case another
issue like this arises we just need one of three people to be available to
tag a release.

> I talked to Matt and Joe and they agreed that the QA program would be
> willing to take over managing hacking. Matt posted a governance change, and
> this email thread is mostly so we’ll have the thought process behind the
> move on the record [1].
>
> I don’t really expect any significant changes to the way hacking is
> managed. From my perspective, the change is more about standardizing the
> Oslo library management further and less about hacking. Joe is happy to
> have the core review team largely stay the same, although we should ask
> members of oslo-core if they want to still be on hacking-core rather than
> just assuming (talk to jogo on IRC to make sure you’re on the list if you
> want to be).

Yup, if you are currently oslo-core and would like to continue being
hacking-core just find me on IRC.