[openstack-dev] [qa] Should it be allowed to attach 2 interfaces from the same subnet to a VM?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Dec 2 17:51:21 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Danny Choi (dannchoi)'s message of 2014-12-02 08:34:07 -0800:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Though both interfaces come up, only one will response to the ping from the neutron router.
> When I disable it, then the second one will response to ping.
> So it looks like only one interface is useful at a time.

I believe both interfaces can be used independently by setting
arp_announce to 1 or 2. As in:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce=2

Might want to try both settings. The documentation is here:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt