[openstack-dev] [python-novaclient] Status of novaclient V3

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 2 15:21:38 UTC 2014

Hi!

While working on fixing wrong import in novaclient v3 shell, I have found
that a lot of commands, which are listed in V3 shell(novaclient.v3.shell),
are broken, because appropriate managers are missed from V3
client(novaclient.V3.client.Client).

Template of error is "ERROR (AttributeError): 'Client' object has no
attribute '<attr>'", where <attr> can be "floating_ip_pools",
"floating_ip", "security_groups", "dns_entries" and etc.

I know that novaclient V3 is not finished yet, and I guess it will be not
finished. So the main question is:
 What we should do with implemented code of novaclient V3 ? Should it be
ported to novaclient V2.1 or it can be removed?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Kurilin.