[openstack-dev] [stable] Exception proposals for 2014.2.1

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 15:04:24 UTC 2014

On 02/12/14 14:22, Alan Pevec wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here are exception proposal I have collected when preparing for
> the 2014.2.1 release, stable-maint members please have a look!
>

> General: cap Oslo and client library versions - sync from
> openstack/requirements stable/juno, would be good to include in
> the release.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:stable/juno+topic:openstack/requirements,n,z

+2,

let's keep all deps in sync. Those updates do not break anything
for existing users.

> Ceilometer (all proposed by Ceilo PTL)
> https://review.openstack.org/138315

Already pushed to gate (why?)

> https://review.openstack.org/138317
> https://review.openstack.org/138320
> https://review.openstack.org/138321
> https://review.openstack.org/138322
>
> Cinder https://review.openstack.org/137537 - small change and
> limited to the VMWare driver
>
> Glance https://review.openstack.org/137704 - glance_store is
> backward compatible, but not sure about forcing version bump on
> stable

I think this one should not go in. For stable releases in downstream,
it's quite common to backport fixes for bugs. We don't fix bugs by
bumping versions.

> https://review.openstack.org/137862 - Disable osprofiler by default
> to prevent upgrade issues, disabled by default in other services

Hm, looks more like a version incompatibility. Should we instead set
glance and osprofiler versions in line? I'm probably ok with disabling
debug features even in stable releases, but this one seems like a
wrong fix for a rightful issue. Comments?

> Horizon standing-after-freeze translation update, coming on Dec 3
> https://review.openstack.org/138018 - visible issue, no
> translation string changes https://review.openstack.org/138313 -
> low risk patch for a highly problematic issue
>
> Neutron https://review.openstack.org/136294 - default SNAT, see
> review for details, I cannot distil 1liner :)

As I told in comments, this one seems to me making the code in line
with official documentation, so can be considered as a bug fix. Though
the change in behaviour is pretty significant to be cautious.

> https://review.openstack.org/136275 - self-contained to the vendor
> code, extensively tested in several deployments

+2.

> Nova
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/juno+topic:1386236/juno,n,z

- - soaked more than a week in master, makes numa actually work in Juno