[openstack-dev] [tempest] tearDownClass usage in scenario tests

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:54:14 UTC 2014

Hello Rich,

in the latest tempest we made two significant changes compared to the
version you're using.

We dropped the use of official clients from scenario tests (and
OfficialClientTest has been replaced by ScenarioTest).
And we introduced resource_setup and resource_cleanup in the test base
class, which should be used instead of setUpClass and teadDownClass
(there's an hacking rule for that).

While tearDownClass is not always invoked, resource_cleanup is always
invoked, and it has been implemented to avoid resource leaks.

If you are using an older version of tempest you should be able to
override tearDownClass instead.

andrea