[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Nailgun] Web framework

Sebastian Kalinowski skalinowski at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 2 14:19:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Some time ago we had a discussion about moving Nailgun to new web framework
[1].

There was comparison [2] of two possible options: Pecan [3] and Flask [4].
We came to conclusion that we need to move Nailgun on some alive web
framework
instead of web.py [5] (some of the reasons: [6]) but there was no clear
agreement
on what framework (there were strong voices for Flask).

I would like to bring this topic up again so we could discuss with broader
audience and
make final decision what will be our next web framework.

I think that we should also consider to make that framework our "weapon of
choice" (or so
called standard) when creating new web services in Fuel.

Best,
Sebastian

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/fuel-dev/msg01397.html
[2]