[openstack-dev] sqlalchemy-migrate call for reviews

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 1 19:44:08 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-01 13:24:43 -0500 (-0500), Mike Bayer wrote:
[...]
> for users on the outside of immediate Openstack use cases I’d
> prefer if they can continue working towards moving to Alembic; the
> major features I’ve introduced in Alembic including the SQLite
> support are intended to make transition much more feasible.

Agreed, perhaps the documentation for sqlalchemy-migrate needs to
make that statement visible (if it doesn't already). That's also a
reasonable message for someone to pass along to those other
non-OpenStack users discussing it in external forums... "this is
deprecated, on limited life support until OpenStack can complete its
transition to Alembic, and other developers using it should look
hard at performing similar updates to their software."
--
Jeremy Stanley