[openstack-dev] [oslo] change to Oslo release process to support stable branch requirement caps

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Dec 1 14:19:26 UTC 2014

As part of setting up version caps for Oslo and client libraries in the stable branches, we discovered that the fact that we do not always create stable branches of the Oslo libraries means the check-requirements-integration-dsvm job in stable branches is actually looking at the requirements in master branches of the libraries, and failing in a lot of cases. With the move away from alpha version numbers toward version caps and patch releases, we’re going to change the Oslo release processes so that at the end of a cycle we always create a stable branch from the final version of each library released in the cycle.

Thanks to Clark and Thierry for helping by creating stable/icehouse and stable/juno branches for most of the libraries, though we’ve discovered one or two that we missed so we’re still working on a few cases.

For Kilo, we will branch all of the library repositories at the end of the cycle, probably following the same process as is used for the other projects (though the details remain to be worked out).

Thanks,
Doug