[openstack-dev] [nova] Kilo Specs Schedule

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Aug 29 18:07:08 UTC 2014

On 28 August 2014 23:53, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We just finished discussing when to open up Kilo specs at the nova meeting
> today [0], and Kilo specs will open right after we cut Juno RC1 (around Sept
> 25th [1]). Additionally, the spec template will most likely be revised.
>
> We still have a huge amount of work to do for Juno and the nova team is
> mostly concerned with the 50 blueprints we have up for review [2] and the
> 1000 open bugs [3] (186 of which have patches up for review). The RC1
> timeframe is the right fit for when we can start to move our focus out to
> upcoming kilo items.
>
> [0]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2014/nova.2014-08-28-21.01.log.html
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule
> [2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/juno
> [3] http://54.201.139.117/nova-bugs.html

+1 seems like the right balance

It seems right we concentrate our efforts on all the code that needs
reviewing right now.

As a heads up, its likely that summit sessions will require a spec
(probably a partial spec), to be reviewed in tandem with the summit
proposal. But no need to worrying about that till we open specs for
Kilo.

Thanks,
John