[openstack-dev] [all] gate debugging

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:00:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> In my case, a neutron call failed. Most of the other services seem to have
> a *-api.log file, but neutron doesn’t. It took a little while to find the
> API-related messages in screen-q-svc.txt (I’m glad I’ve been around long
> enough to know it used to be called “quantum”). I get that screen-n-*.txt
> would collide with nova. Is it necessary to abbreviate those filenames at
> all?

Cleaning up the service names has been a background conversation for some
time and came up again last night in IRC.  I abbreviated them in the first
place to try to get them all in my screen status bar, so that was a while
ago...

I don't think the current ENABLED_SERVICES is scaling well and using full
names (nova-api, glance-registry, etc) will make it even harder to read.
 May that is misplaced concern? I do think though that making the logfile
names and locations more obvious in the gate results will be helpful.

I've started scratching out a plan to migrate to full names and will get it
into an Etherpad soon.  Also simplifying the log file configuration vars
and locations.

dt

--

Dean Troyer