[openstack-dev] [ironic] [neutron] make mac address updatable - port status for ironic servers

Carlino, Chuck chuck.carlino at hp.com
Thu Aug 28 15:36:22 UTC 2014

Right, so the question now is whether there are plans to change this.  It doesn't seem desirable to be showing DOWN status when things are functional, so I'm nervous about relying on this behavior to allow mac address update to work.  If future plans involved ironic providing port status, and did it in such a way that the status would not be ACTIVE when there's a mac address mismatch (for example), it would make me feel better. :)

I guess I'm a worrier.  I could see a user filing a bug and someone fixes it and no more mac addr updates....

Chuck