[openstack-dev] [ironic] [neutron] make mac address updatable - port status for ironic servers

Carlino, Chuck chuck.carlino at hp.com
Thu Aug 28 00:06:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm working on bug [1] and have code in review[2].  The bug wants neutron's port['mac_address'] to be updatable to handle the case where an ironic server's nic is replaced.  A comment in the review suggests that we only allow mac address update when the port status is not ACTIVE.  While I've made another change which may (or may not) address the underlying concern, I want to ask if port status is correct for ironic server ports.  When I run devtest (tripleo) on my laptop, I get VM ironic servers, which when booted all have neutron ports with 'binding:vif_type': 'binding_failed' and 'status': 'DOWN'.  Is this expected?  Does this happen with hardware ironic servers?

Thanks in advance!
Chuck

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1341268
[2] https://review.openstack.org/112129