[openstack-dev] [nova] refactoring of resize/migrate

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:57:08 UTC 2014

On 08/27/2014 06:41 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> The review of the spec to blueprint "hot-resize" has several comments
> about the need of refactoring the existing code base of "resize" and
> "migrate" before the blueprint could be considered (see [1]).
> I'm interested in the result of the blueprint therefore I want to offer
> my support. How can I participate?
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/95054

Are you offering support to refactor resize/migrate, or are you offering
support to work only on the hot-resize functionality?

I'm very much interested in refactoring the resize/migrate
functionality, and would appreciate any help and insight you might have.
Unfortunately, such a refactoring:

a) Must start in Kilo
b) Begins with un-crufting the simply horrible, inconsistent, and
duplicative REST API and public behaviour of the resize and migrate actions

In any case, I'm happy to start the conversation about this going in
about a month or so, or whenever Kilo blueprints open up. Until then,
we're pretty much working on reviews for already-approved blueprints and
bug fixing.

Best,
-jay