[openstack-dev] [infra] [neutron] [tc] Neutron Incubator workflow

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:08:37 UTC 2014

>From what I understand, the intended projects for the incubator can't
operate without neutron because they are just extensions/plugins/drivers.

For example, if the DVR modifications to the reference reference L3 plugin
weren't already being developed in the tree, DVR could have been developed
in the incubator and then merged into Neutron once the bugs were ironed out
so a huge string of Gerrit patches didn't need to be tracked. If that had
happened, would it make sense to keep the L3 plugin as a completely
separate project or merge it? I understand this is the approach the load
balancer folks took by making Octavia a separate project, but I think it
can still operate on its own, where the reference L3 plugin (and many of
the other incubator projects) are just classes that expect to be able to
make core Neutron calls.