[openstack-dev] [neutron] [third-party] What tests are required to be run

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 26 23:18:12 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-27 00:52:35 +0200 (+0200), Salvatore Orlando wrote:
[...]
> In this case you might try to rebase the patch you're going to
> test on master before running devstack, which I think it's also
> what happens in the upstream gate.

More or less. Technically we try to merge the proposed change (and
its open parent changes in Gerrit if any, in series) onto the
current target branch tip. Rebasing/cherry-picking are a little
muddier since they alter the commits being tested rather than merely
adding merge commits to the mix.

Also, upstream's Zuul (the "Jenkins" account in Gerrit) now
automatically runs a built-in job against all open changes for a
project+branch every time a change is merged for that combination,
testing to see if the remaining open changes can still merge without
conflict and leaves a -1 verify on them with a relevant message if
not. So if a third-party CI is encountering changes which really
can't be merged (rebased, cherry-picked, whatever) to the project
then they should refrain from commenting at all... at this point it
would be at best redundant, and at worst entirely incorrect.
--
Jeremy Stanley