[openstack-dev] [rally] Introduction to feature request mechanism in Rally

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Tue Aug 26 21:53:43 UTC 2014

Joe,

Why not just use wishlist bugs in launchpad? The launchpad definition of
> Wishlist is 'Not a bug. It's an enhancement/new feature.'

The are few reasons:

1) It's not a wish list it's roadmap of project, that is based on end users
requests

2) It should be easy for everybody to understand, what is the major
direction of Rally development and it's much simpler to read few really
simple and short files, than to analyze whole launchpad.

3) Feature request requires reviews and future work, so it's much simpler
to do it via gerrit

4) It simplifies to keep Rally team concentrated on real use cases and move
in right direction

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic