[openstack-dev] [oslo] Launchpad tracking of oslo projects

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 09:31:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 11:59 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> TL;DR:
> Let's create an Oslo projectgroup in Launchpad to track work across all
> Oslo libraries. In library projects, let's use milestones connected to
> published versions rather than the common milestones.

Sounds good to me, Thierry. Thanks for the thoughtful proposal.

The part about using integrated release milestones was more about
highlighting that we follow a similar development model and cadence -
i.e. it's helpful from a planning perspective to predict whether a given
feature is likely to land in juno-1, juno-2 or juno-3. When it comes to
release time, though, I'd much rather have a launchpad milestone that
reflects the release itself rather than the development milestone.

Sounds like we need to choose between using launchpad milestones for
planning or releases, and choosing the latter makes sense to me.

Mark.