[openstack-dev] [trove] single trove config file and run check_uptodate?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 25 20:22:49 UTC 2014

I was reviewing some install script recently where someone was trying to
configure trove and I was asking about some config option they were
setting which wasn't in the trove.conf.sample.  I was too lazy at the
time to see if it was a valid option in the code, but did make me wonder
if there has been discussion about consolidating the various trove
config files into a single config file with sections (heat used to have
the same issue, now they have a single config file).  I'm assuming this
has come up before but didn't see anything in the mailing list.

Building on that, if there was a single trove config file we could have
a job that gates on making sure it's up to date by using the
check_uptodate script used in other projects, e.g. cinder.  That should
be a relatively easy drop-in, the work will be in cleaning up the config
file (unless you just replace with what generate_sample provides).

I think the docs team is also interested in seeing this happen...

Matt Riedemann