[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [LBaaS] LBaaS v2 API syntax additions/changes

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Aug 25 19:12:55 UTC 2014

Hi Clark,
From my understanding the keystone catalog will not contain endpoints
for neutron extensions.  I could see it being allowed but since Neutron
can enable/disable extensions on a whim, there would need to be some
cross project communication between keystone and neutron.  I'm sure
there are other issues that would arise from this too.  Then again, I
could be wrong and this is already both solved for and allowed in
Keystone.

Regarding having two separate commands for each version; Since neutron
extensions don't have any kind of versioning built it, it would be tough
to do through the API at least.  The client can make smart decisions
though and make it easier for a user.  However, if lb-<object>-<action>
worked for both v1 and v2, and the user has no idea what Neutron has
loaded, I don't see that being a better user experience when they try to
do a v1 command when v2 has been loaded.

Thanks,
Brandon