[openstack-dev] [neutron] Runtime checks vs Sanity checks

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo mangelajo at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 07:22:52 UTC 2014

In spite of my +1 I actually agree. I had forgotten about the sanity
check framework. We put it in place to avoid an excessive (and
growing) amount of checks to be done in runtime.

In this case several agents need would be doing the same check.

We should do things either one way or another, but not mixed.

In this case, the check would require a privilege drop to be done:
(probably could be done by using a root_helper=
"su - %(neutron_user)s %(root_helper)s")

Best regards,
Miguel Ángel.