[openstack-dev] [neutron][cisco] Cisco Nexus requires patched ncclient

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Sun Aug 24 15:14:49 UTC 2014

Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:
> Now, maybe putting the module into requirements.txt is an overkill
> (though I doubt it). In that case, we could be interested in getting
> the info in some other centralized way.

Maru is of the opinion that it is overkill. I feel the same way, but I am not
involved much with deployment issues so my feelings should not sway anyone.

Note that ncclient is not the only package used by vendor solutions that is
not listed in requirements.txt. The ones I am aware of are:

  ncclient (cisco and brocade)
  heleosapi (embrane)
  a10_neutron_lbaas (a10networks)

Maybe we should start exploring "some other centralized way" to list these
type of dependencies?