[openstack-dev] [all] [ptls] The Czar system, or how to scale PTLs

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Sat Aug 23 01:19:57 UTC 2014

I think Anne makes some excellent points about the pattern being proposed being unlikely to be commonly implemented across all the programs (or, at best, very difficult). Let's not try to formalize another "best practice" that works many times and force it to work every time. Here's an alternate proposal:

Let's let PTLs be PTLs and effectively coordinate and manage the activity in their respective projects. And let's get the PTLs together for one or two days every cycle to discuss project issues. Just PTLs, and let's focus on the project management stuff and some cross-project issues.

Getting the PTLs together would allow them to discuss cross-project issues, share frustrations and solutions about what does and doesn't work. Basically, think of it as a mid-cycle meetup, but for PTLs. (Perhaps we could even ask the Foundation to sponsor it.)

--John