[openstack-dev] [tc] Procedure for adding official projects

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 21:56:54 UTC 2014

Over the past couple of release cycles, the TC has put together a fairly
comprehensive checklist for projects entering into incubation with a
view to being included in the integrated release. However, I'm not aware
of anything equivalent for projects that are becoming official (i.e.
moving to the openstack/ namespace) but that are not targeting eventual
integration - or, indeed, that _are_ targeting eventual integration but
have not yet applied for incubation.

The current procedure afaict is to submit a review to the governance
repo listing the repository under a particular program. It seems like at
a minimum we should be checking for basic due diligence stuff like "Is
it Apache licensed?", "Did everyone sign the CLA?" (may it diaf) and
"Are there any trademark issues?". And maybe there are other things the
TC should be looking at too.

cheers,
Zane.