[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] repackage ceilometer and ceilometerclient

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 05:54:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> this idea sounds so familiar. i feel like i may have tried to move this in
> the past but gave up. i actually prefer having the middleware reside in
> ceilometerclient... it really doesn't make sense for the entire ceilometer
> package to be pulled in for just a middleware although i feel like that
> might require the oslo.messaging feature as well

As one data point, the keystone middleware (auth_token) was just recently
moved out of keystoneclient and into its own repo, partially because it had
dependencies that otherwise were not required for pure client
installations.

I don't know what your middleware dependencies are, but I think it would be
good to consider the effect that move would have on client-only
installations.

dt

--

Dean Troyer