[openstack-dev] [Glance][Heat] Murano split dsicussion

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 22 01:41:28 UTC 2014

> *Murano UI to Dashboard Program*
>
> Application Catalog requires  a UI focused on user experience. Currently
> there is a Horizon plugin for Murano App Catalog which adds Application
> catalog page to browse, search and filter applications. It also adds a
> dynamic UI functionality to render a Horizon forms without writing an
> actual code.
>

> Are we going to wait for the generic UI (Merlin) or get murano-dashboard
into Horizon then work on Merlin?

Merlin will be a generic library\framework in Horizon for Application
projects (Heat, Murano, Solum). We still need to have specific
implementations of UI for each project, but these projects will reuse the
common code.

We can put existing Murano UI to Dashboard or inside Catalog program as a
separate repo. I think it might make sense to keep UI components closer to
project rather then keep UI in a separate program.