[openstack-dev] [neutron]Performance of security group

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:47:59 UTC 2014

+1 "NFTablesDriver"!

Also, NFTables, AFAIK, improves IDS systems, like Suricata, for example:
https://home.regit.org/2014/02/suricata-and-nftables/

Then, I'm wondering here... What benefits might come for OpenStack Nova /
Neutron, if it comes with a NFTables driver, instead of the current
IPTables?!

* Efficient Security Group design?
* Better FWaaS, maybe with NAT(44/66) support?
* Native support for IPv6, with the defamed NAT66 built-in, simpler
"Floating IP" implementation, for both v4 and v6 networks under a single
implementation (*I don't like NAT66, I prefer a `routed Floating IPv6`
version*)?
* Metadata over IPv6 still using NAT(66) (*I don't like NAT66*), single
implementation?
* Suricata-as-a-Service?!

It sounds pretty cool!   :-)