[openstack-dev] [Heat] Improve /validate call

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 22:47:25 UTC 2014

On 21/08/14 10:27, Anderson Mesquita wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I just submitted a new spec to change the behavior of our current
> /validate call.
>
> TL;DR: we should at least add a request param to allow the user to
> change the format of the output they get back or, possibly refactor it
> into two separate calls.
>
> You can see the blueprint and spec here:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/improve-template-validate
>
> What do you think?
Horizon relies on the current behaviour to build the UI form that
prompts for parameters, so we can't really change this at the REST API
or python lib level.

Something at the cli level would be good though. The default output
should be human friendly and an extra cli option to could be added to
return the full parsed parameters json.