[openstack-dev] generate Windows exe

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Wed Aug 20 21:32:39 UTC 2014

Hi Viktor,

I just submitted the patch, adding you as co-author with the email address
that you used here, please let me know if this is ok for you:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/115782/

The patch is even easier compared to what you sent as all we need is to add
declaratively the requested entry point in setup.cfg:

[entry_points]
console_scripts =
    swift = swiftclient.shell:main

The OpenStack patch workflow is not that complicated if you’re already familiar
with git, but it can be challenging at the beginning.

If you’d like to join our dev IRC channel (#openstack-dev, Freenode), I can
explain you the basics in just a few minutes (nic: alexpilotti) in case
you’d like to contribute again in the future.

In case you’d like to take a look here are the general guideline:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute

In particular it'd be great if you could sign online the contributor license
agreement, it's just a matter of having a Launchpad account and doing a
couple of clicks.

Thanks!

Alessandro