[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Enable SSL between client and API exposed via public URL with HAProxy

Guillaume Thouvenin thouveng at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:14:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

 I wrote a "design" to enable SSL between external client and OpenStack
public endpoints that provide APIs on public network. This design is
available for reviewing here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102273/
Of course all comments are welcome :)

 I also started to work on puppet manifest [1] and [2] for the deployment.
I made the assumption that in the future version of Fuel (6.0 and above)
all deployments will be done in HA mode. That means that even if you have
only one controller, haproxy will be used. Can someone from fuel-core can
confirm this (or not)?

Best regards,
Guillaume

[1] https://review.openstack.org/102273