[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Specs and approvals

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Aug 19 09:31:48 UTC 2014

Hey everybody - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/SpecReviews
seems pretty sane as we discussed at the last TripleO IRC meeting.

I'd like to propose that we adopt it with the following tweak:

19:46:34 <lifeless> so I propose that +2 on a spec is a commitment to
review it over-and-above the core review responsibilities
19:47:05 <lifeless> if its not important enough for a reviewer to do
that thats a pretty strong signal
19:47:06 <dprince> lifeless: +1, I thought we already agreed to that
at the meetup
19:47:17 <slagle> yea, sounds fine to me
19:47:20 <bnemec> +1
19:47:30 <lifeless> dprince: it wasn't clear whether it was
part-of-responsibility, or additive, I'm proposing we make it clearly
additive
19:47:52 <lifeless> and separately I think we need to make surfacing
reviews-for-themes a lot better

That is - +1 on a spec review is 'sure, I like it', +2 is specifically
"I will review this *over and above* my core commitment" - the goal
here is to have some very gentle choke on concurrent WIP without
needing the transition to a managed pull workflow that Nova are
discussing - which we didn't have much support for during the meeting.

Obviously, any core can -2 for any of the usual reasons - this motion
is about opening up +A to the whole Tripleo core team on specs.

Reviewers, and other interested kibbitzers, please +1 / -1 as you feel fit :)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist