[openstack-dev] [oslo] Issues with POSIX semaphores and other locks in lockutils

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Mon Aug 18 21:05:28 UTC 2014

On 08/18/2014 03:38 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14 2014, Yuriy Taraday wrote:
>
> Hi Yuriy,
>
> […]
>
>> Looking forward to your opinions.
>
> This looks like a good summary of the situation.
>
> I've added a solution E based on pthread, but didn't get very far about
> it for now.

In my experience I would just go with the fcntl locks.
They're auto unlocked and well supported, and importantly,
supported for distributed processes.

I'm not sure how problematic the lock_path config is TBH.
That is adjusted automatically in certain cases where needed anyway.

Pádraig.