[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Docker] Run OpenStack Service in Docker Container

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 10:04:12 UTC 2014

I see that there are some openstack docker images in public docker repo,
perhaps you can check them on github to see how to use them.

[root at db03b04 ~]# docker search openstack
NAME
DESCRIPTION                                     STARS     OFFICIAL
AUTOMATED
ewindisch/dockenstack                    OpenStack development environment
(using D...   6                    [OK]
jyidiego/openstack-client                An ubuntu 12.10 LTS image that has
nova, s...   1
dkuffner/docker-openstack-stress         A docker container for openstack
which pro...   0                    [OK]
garland/docker-openstack-keystone
0                    [OK]
mpaone/openstack
0
nirmata/openstack-base
0
balle/openstack-ipython2-client          Features Python 2.7.5, Ipython
2.1.0 and H...   0
booleancandy/openstack_clients
0                    [OK]
leseb/openstack-keystone
0
raxcloud/openstack-client
0
paulczar/openstack-agent
0
booleancandy/openstack-clients
0
jyidiego/openstack-client-rumm-ansible
0
bodenr/jumpgate                          SoftLayer Jumpgate WSGi OpenStack
REST API...   0                    [OK]
sebasmagri/docker-marconi                Docker images for the Marconi
Message Queu...   0                    [OK]
chamerling/openstack-client
0                    [OK]
centurylink/openstack-cli-wetty          This image provides a Wetty
terminal with ...   0                    [OK]

> I think it's a very interesting test for docker. I too have been think
> about this for some time to try and dockerise OpenStack services, but as
> the usual story goes, I have plenty things I'd love to try, but there are
> only so many hours in a day...
>
> Would definitely be interested to hear if anyone has attempted this and
> what the outcome was.
>
> Any suggestions on what the most appropriate service would be to begin
> with?
>

> On 14 August 2014 14:54, Jay Lau <jay.lau.513 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see a few mentions of OpenStack services themselves being containerized
>> in Docker. Is this a serious trend in the community?
>>
>> http://allthingsopen.com/2014/02/12/why-containers-for-openstack-services/
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jay