[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Python 3 support in os-*-config

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Fri Aug 15 03:11:04 UTC 2014

Hai,

	I've been poking at Python 3 support in os-*-config recently, and
here's what is going on with it:

 * os-apply-config
   This one looks to be the hardest one to port. Multiple test failures,
hard coded use of '#!/usr/bin/env python' which is unhappy in a only
Python 3 environment, map() changes, byte changes ...

 * os-cloud-config
   I have a patch to fix current Python 3 issues up
(https://review.openstack.org/111606), and then my plan is to add Python
3 jobs to check *and* gate, so in-flight patches may need to watch out
for that soon.

 * os-collect-config
   This needs six sprinkled throughout it due to URL parsing, and I need
to work out what to do WRT absolute importing due to:
  File "./os_collect_config/collect.py", line 25, in <module>
    from openstack.common import log
ImportError: No module named 'openstack'

 * os-net-config
   I know this isn't really a thing yet, but I also have yet to look
into it's Python 3 support.

 * os-refresh-config
   This has Python 3 jobs running in check and gate. Does anyone have a
small fix to test them out, the last code change that landed in
os-refresh-config was mid July.

                                        Steve
"I hate temporal mechanics!"
         - Chief Miles O'Brien, Deep Space Nine