[openstack-dev] [nova][core] Expectations of core reviewers

Dugger, Donald D donald.d.dugger at intel.com
Thu Aug 14 18:48:22 UTC 2014

My experience with mics, no matter how good, In conference rooms is not good.  You are always working hard to hear the soft spoken person who is drowned by the background noise.  It’s always a strain and I don’t want to even think about doing it for a full 8 hrs.  It’s better than nothing so I agree, we need to provide some sort of remote conferencing at meetups but nothing compares with actually being there.

I’m not a core so I’m speaking from the outside but I think requiring attendance at the summits (absence requires a note from your parent ☺  while strongly encouraging attendance at mid-cycle meetups seems reasonable.

PS:  In re companies spending millions on OpenStack so travel to f2f events should be a drop in the bucket.  It doesn’t always work that way with the finance department, money comes out of different buckets and the travel bucket `always` dries up first.

--
Don Dugger