[openstack-dev] [Neutron][DevStack] How to increase developer usage of Neutron

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 14 13:25:26 UTC 2014

I'll bet I am not the only developer who is not highly competent with
bridges and tunnels, Open VSwitch, Neutron configuration, and how DevStack
transmutes all those.  My bet is that you would have more developers using
Neutron if there were an easy-to-find and easy-to-follow recipe to use, to
create a developer install of OpenStack with Neutron.  One that's a pretty
basic and easy case.  Let's say a developer gets a recent image of Ubuntu
14.04 from Canonical, and creates an instance in some undercloud, and that
instance has just one NIC, at 10.9.8.7/16.  If there were a recipe for
such a developer to follow from that point on, it would be great.

Regards,
Mike