[openstack-dev] Update MAINTAINERS.rst for devstack

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 04:27:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

By its nature, devstack tends to attract new contributors proposing a
wide-range of changes to just about every project under the Open Stack
banner.

These contributors often don't yet have the context to find the right
people to help with some +1's.  It's also nice for people approving
the change to see someone with a track record looking at it.

Rather than a sledge-hammer, like adding all project-core people to a
review based on a particular area, devstack would like to have a list
of "maintainers" -- self-nominated people with interest and expertise
in a particular sub-area who volunteer to have themselves seeded into
reviews of interest.

All this really means is that you don't mind being added as a reviewer
to devstack changes involving that area and you are willing to be a
point-of-contact should the need arise.  It is not intended to mean
you *have* to review things, or you are the only person who can
approve changes, or you are on the hook if anything goes wrong.

At first, it would be great if people could cherry-pick [1] and add
themselves.  Feel free to add areas (~~~~ sections in the rst) and
names as you see fit. (or just email me and I'll batch add).  As time
goes on, we'll curate the list as necessary.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/114117/