[openstack-dev] [nova] Bug: resize on same node with allow_resize_to_same_host=True

Manickam, Kanagaraj kanagaraj.manickam at hp.com
Thu Aug 14 03:50:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

Nova provides a flag 'allow_resize_to_same_host' to resize the given instance on the same hypervisor where it is currently residing. When this flag is set to True, the nova.compute.api: resize() method does not set the scheduler hint with 'force_nodes', where as its set the 'ignored_hosts' properly when this flag is set to False.

So I have filed following defect to fix the logic when this flag is set to True.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1356309

I felt this defect is import to fix, when cloud admin wants the resize to be happen on the same hypervisor (compute node). So could you please let me know whether I can fix this for Juno-3? Thanks.

Regards
Kanagaraj M