[openstack-dev] [nova][core] Expectations of core reviewers

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 17:44:53 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 01:09 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
> Expecting cores to be at these sorts of things seems pretty reasonable
> to me, given the usefulness (and gravity) of the discussions we've been
> having so far. Companies with more cores will have to send more or make
> some hard decisions, but I don't want to cut back on the meetings until
> their value becomes unjustified.

I disagree.  IMO, *expecting* people to travel, potentially across the
globe, 4 times a year is an unreasonable expectation, and quite
uncharacteristic of open source projects.  If we can't figure out a way
to have the most important conversations in a way that is inclusive of
everyone, we're failing with our processes.

By all means, if a subset wants to meet up and make progress on some
things, I think that's fine.  I don't think anyone think it's not
useful.  However, discussions need to be summarized and taken back to
the list for discussion before decisions are made.  That's not the way
things are trending here, and I think that's a problem.

--
Russell Bryant