[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] gate-ceilometer-python33 failed because of wrong setup.py in happybase

Osanai, Hisashi osanai.hisashi at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 13 10:11:03 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:03 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> This is not a problem in tox.ini, this is a problem in the
> infrastructure config. Removing py33 from the envlist in tox.ini isn't
> going to fix anything unforunately.

Thank you for your quick response.

I may misunderstand this topic. Let me clarify ...
My understanding is:
- the py33 failed because there is a problem that the happybase-0.8 cannot
  work with python33 env. (execfile function calls on python33 doesn't work)
- the happybase is NOT an OpenStack component.
- the py33 doesn't need to execute on stable/icehouse

One idea to solve this problem is:
If the py33 doesn't need to execute on stable/icehouse, just eliminate the py33.

> This is not a problem in tox.ini,
Means the py33 needs to execute on stable/icehouse. Here I misunderstand something...

> this is a problem in the infrastructure config.
Means execfile function calls on python33 in happybase is a problem. If my understanding
is correct, I agree with you and I think this is the direct cause of this problem.

Your idea to solve this is creating a patch for the direct cause, right?

Thanks in advance,
Hisashi Osanai